“The best way to predict your future, is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
Your future-self is angry… Your future-self feels cheated… Your future-self has had enough, and is coming to let you know about it!
What did you do to anger yourself so intensely?
You are cheating your future-self out of fun, quality of life, self-confidence and life in general.
Everything you do in the present, or more importantly don’t do, impacts your life down the road. The person you will become in a year, 5 years or even 20 years… depends on how you live your life right now.
It’s a hard concept to wrap your head around, putting in work now for future benefits. With hectic daily schedules, you just want to get through the day, and certainly don’t think too often about your quality of life years down the road.
But your future-self doesn’t have that luxury. All your future-self can do is watch and feel the impact of your daily health and fitness decisions.
And if you aren’t making the right decisions, your future-self really isn’t happy. Increased body fat, lack of energy, lower self-confidence, greater health risks, nagging body pains and a shorter life span… all consequences of your daily decisions passed along to your future-self.
But there is good news…
It’s not too late. You can make amends with your future-self and change your life starting today and carrying over into every day after. All it takes is 30-45 minutes a day… that’s it!
That is why your future-self is so upset. Just a simple daily investment and a little sweat can have a huge impact on every day and year in your future. Your future-self knows the positive impact of a regular fitness routine, such as:
1. Improved Energy Levels – Regular fitness and exercise increases your energy levels and helps you sleep more soundly. Every day you feel more refreshed and full of amazing energy.
2. Reduced Risk of Disease and Medical Conditions – Maintaining a consistent fitness routine lowers the risk of coronary heart disease, type two diabetes, high cholesterol and obesity.
3. Reduced Muscle and Joint Pain – Increasing your activity levels improves range of motion, strengthens muscles, bones and tendons; and helps to relieve body pain caused by a sedentary lifestyle and muscle imbalances.
4. Greater Self Confidence – The steady improvements, goal achievement and self-efficacy that result from a regular fitness routine can improve your self-confidence. When you start to feel really good about your health and fitness, it carries over into all aspects of your life.
5. Reduction in Body Fat – The caloric expenditure and requirements created by regular cardio, strength training and a healthy diet burn body fat and build lean muscle. The more lean muscle you have, the more calories you burn while at rest.
6. Longer, Happier Life – A healthy and fit lifestyle literally adds years to your life. Not only that, staying fit can help you enjoy the years you have more than if you continue living an inactive lifestyle.
Look at it this way… If you could go back in time, and make healthier decisions every day for the past year or several years, you would do it right? Right now, if I offered you the opportunity to look better, feel better, be happier and live longer, you would definitely take it.
Your future-self is making you that offer right now. If you start today, you can live a better life in the future and for the rest of your life.
And here’s the kicker… You don’t have to wait that long. If you start making changes in your fitness lifestyle today, you can start to reap the benefits every day moving forward.
It’s time to intervene and make your future-self happy, healthy, disease-free and full of energy.